To encourage literacy and the love of reading, and to enhance the quality of life in our community by connecting people with materials, resources and each other.
Library Board of Trustees
Duke Tucker, President
Mandi Amundson, Vice President
Ben Seume, Secretary
Sara Christopherson, Director and Youth Services Librarian:
Michelle Campeau, Assistant Director & Marketing Specialist:
Gail Potvin, Library Assistant:
Todd Beckmann, Library Assistant: (715) 463-2244
Cindy Bowman, Library Page: (715) 463-2244
The Grantsburg Public Library, founded by the Grantsburg Woman’s Club, opened its doors to the public on Saturday, November 22, 1947, in space donated by Burnett Larson in Larson’s Supply Store. Members of the community donated books.
In 1950 the library was moved to the Francis Freeman building on Oak Street, where, for 27 years, Francis stoked the fires, paid for snow removal, and charged minimal rent for the use of the library space.
With the relocation of the village offices and the library to the community building in 1978, a municipal library was established by a resolution passed by the Grantsburg Village Board.
When the Grantsburg School District built a new middle school, the library and village offices moved into the newly renovated old junior high building. The new library was dedicated on October 22, 2000.